Federal State Budgetary Institution of Science Mining Institute of the Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (MI FEB RAS)
In 1983, in order to increase the efficiency of the mining in the Far East region, to solve the fundamental strategic scientific problems of the resource development , the Mining Institute of the Far Eastern Scientific Center of the USSR Academy of Sciences was established, renamed in 1992 into the Mining Institute of the Far Eastern Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences (currently - Federal State Budgetary Institution of Science Mining Institute FEB RAS).
Today the Institute is the leading academic mining organization in Eastern Russia.
The Institute includes 10 departments:
- geotechnical laboratory;
- laboratory of mining geophysics;
- laboratory of mining of alluvial deposits;
- laboratory of mineral processing;
- laboratory of geotechnology and mining thermal physics;
- laboratory of complex processing of mineral raw materials;
- laboratory of sustainable mining of mineral resources;
- department of mining computer sciences;
- laboratory of numerical methods for the study of natural and technical systems;
- center for collective use "Center for Research of Mineral Raw Materials".
Fundamental, exploratory and applied scientific research is carried out in the following areas:
- study of patterns and processes of mineral mining in the Far East region;
- geotechnical and ecological fundamentals of interaction between natural and technogenic objects of geosystems;
- substantiation of new technologies for the complex mining and deep processing of minerals.
Identification of significant patterns of geotechnical and technological processes in the development of deposits.
Development of emerging geotechnologies for the alluvial and primary deposits mining of gold and non-ferrous metals.
Creation and active implementation of effective methods of mineral processing, introduction of modern processing equipment, establishment of new methods and means of geotechnical and environmental monitoring and assessment of the impact of mining operations on the natural environment.
Address: 51 Turgeneva st., Khabarovsk, 680000
Phone: (4212) 32-79-27